A crown is a durable covering that is custom-made to fit over a tooth that has been structurally damaged by decay or trauma. It helps restore the health, function, and appearance of a tooth — and can be used for a variety of reasons. The best way to determine if a crown could benefit one or more of your teeth is to talk to your dentist. In the meantime, Sycamore Hills Dentistry might recommend a dental crown for the following reasons.
- You are experiencing pain when you bite down or chew.
- You have a damaged tooth, such as a chip, crack, or fracture.
- You have a tooth with extensive decay that requires more than a filling.
- You have undergone root canal treatment, which is completed with the placement of a crown over the tooth to protect the tooth and improve its appearance.
- You have a tooth that is severely discolored or misshapen, in which case a crown can significantly restore the tooth’s natural appearance.
- You had a dental bridge or implant procedure. Dental crowns hold a bridge in place and cover a dental implant to complete the restoration process.
At Sycamore Hills Dentistry, we work with patients to provide all services related to dental crowns in two easy visits to our Fort Wayne office. The first appointment prepares the tooth, including an impression for the crown to be made, and places a temporary crown on the affected tooth. About two weeks later, we place the permanent crown and bond it in place.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are one of the most frequently performed and recommended dental procedures. This is because they correct a variety of problems and significantly extend the life of a tooth. Benefits of crowns include:
- Crowns relieve painful symptoms caused by extensive tooth decay or oral trauma by repairing the integrity of the tooth’s structure.
- Today’s placement of dental crowns is straightforward and minimally invasive. For certain cases, we even offer same-day dental crowns. This involves one easy trip to our office for the crown design and placement.
- Crowns are custom-made using high-quality materials, such as metal, porcelain, or ceramic. We design your dental crown according to your unique dental needs and goals, including shape, size, and color.
- In addition to restoring teeth, crowns offer cosmetic benefits. When a crown is placed over a tooth, it can instantly improve the appearance of discolored, misshaped, or fractured teeth.
- Dental crowns are created using strong, durable materials that can last many years with proper care.
Affordable Dental Crowns at Sycamore Hills Dentistry
If you are looking for a dentist that does crowns, talk to Sycamore Hills Dentistry. Crowns protect vulnerable teeth, prevent unnecessary extractions, and can enhance the appearance of your smile in one easy procedure. Contact our office today to learn more about how you might benefit from the best dental crown in Fort Wayne and if they might be a good option for you.